Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Teaching Practice

I recently started a short practicum at a local elementary school. My faculty supervisor could not have done a better job in finding a perfect fit for a supervisor. She is knowledgeable, organized and has a great style of classroom management.  Classroom management is a big one for me. As a teaching assistant, I have seen many groups of seven to ten year olds descend into chaos  because the adult at the helm let things get out of control. Think Lord of the Flies but with tables, walls and a blackboard.

I'm also loving the set up of the room. It really is one of the most lovely rooms I have ever been in. The building is over 100 years old.  We have 14 foot tall windows or two sides of the room providing tons of natural light (so important on those dark  winter days in Vancouver.)  I think I'm going to like it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment