Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Back in the Classroom

Wow it's January already!
It's been a long time since the last post. So much has been happening. Holidays with family and a crazy blitz of working before returning back to class. I'm actually sort of surprised how quickly this experience is passing by. It has become all consuming. I eat sleep and dream teaching these days.

This week I began my extended practicum. I have had to leave my position at my home school in the capable hands of a substitute and devote my entire week to teaching full time. At the beginning 8 weeks sounded like an eternity, now I am trying to figure out how I am going to fit everything in! 
My grade three  students welcomed me back with hugs and smiles (It feels good to be loved). I have also picked up a grade 7 french class compliments of Doug S. He's a great guy who trusts me more than I trust myself teaching a subject I know little about. Actually, I am beginning to think Doug likes to see me squirm a little. He would call it building up my skills as a teacher.

For all of you doing your own planning out there I have found a great website called Share my Lesson  that has unit and lesson plans that span all grades and across the curriculum. I have found it very useful in planning my units. Here's the link: www.sharemylesson.com

I feel thankful that I am not going through this experience alone. I have three fellow student teachers doing their practicums along side of me. Not only are they wonderful colleagues, but they have become great friends who make me laugh. Jenny, Natasha and Sharon, I would not want to be starting on this journey without you.

So stay tuned, I have plenty of great lessons planned...

No comments:

Post a Comment